Inspirational Care (ABN: 72 642 245 476) and its related bodies or entities (together Inspirational Care, we, our, or us) respects your right to privacy and is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers, carers, and website visitors. We comply with the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). This policy sets out how we collect, use, disclose and store personal information and how individuals may access and correct personal information held about them.
‘Personal Information’ is information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not, and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not. Personal information does not include anonymous, aggregated or de-identified information.
‘Sensitive Information’ is a subset of personal information and is given a higher level of protection. Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act and includes information or opinion about an individual’s racial or ethnic origin; political opinion, membership of a political association; religious beliefs or affiliations; philosophical beliefs; membership of a professional or trade association; membership of a trade union; sexual preferences; or criminal records.
Collection of personal information
Inspirational Care generally collects and store personal information you enter onto our website, provided to us directly via telephone, email, post, in personal, or given to us in other forms. The type of personal information we collect will depend on the nature of your interaction with Inspirational Care.
If a person is someone Inspirational Care supports or is connected to a person Inspirational Care supports (e.g. a family member, carer, advocate or nominated representative), Inspirational Care may collects the following types of information:
- Identification and contact details, such as name, mailing and/or street address, email address, telephone number, age or birth date.
- Family type, country of birth, year of arrival in Australia, language spoken at home.
- Financial information, such as housing, occupation, financial status and income.
- Sensitive information, such as racial or ethnic background, criminal history, health and medical information, English proficiency, need for an interpreter or disability.
- Other personal or sensitive information not covered above which is collected as a result of providing a customer with a product or service.
- Details of the services a customer has requested or enquired about, or services provided, together with any additional information necessary to respond or deliver those services.
- Any additional information relating to a customer that a customer provides in-person, by telephone, in writing or via email.
- Information you provide to us through customer surveys or visits by representatives from time to time.
We may also collect some information that is not personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else. For example, we may collect anonymous answers to surveys or aggregated information about how users use our website.
How we collect your personal information
Notification of collection of personal information
What happens if Inspirational Care can’t collect personal information
Due to the nature of the services provided by Inspirational Care, it is generally not possible to provide services or deal with customers in an anonymous way.
However, in some circumstances Inspirational Care allows individuals the option of not identifying themselves, or of using a pseudonym, when dealing with Inspirational Care (for example, when viewing Inspirational Care’s website or making general phone queries).
For what purpose does Inspirational Care collect, hold, use and disclose personal information
Inspirational Care collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information for the following purposes:
- To assess whether a customer is eligible for services.
- To provide a range of services to customers.
- To contact you by a variety of measures – telephone, email, SMS or mail.
- To answer enquiries and provide information about Inspirational Care products and services.
- To recruit staff, contractors and volunteers.
- To update our records and keep customer contact information up to date.
- For planning, quality control and for the creation of anonymous case studies.
- To update records.
- For use in monitoring and assessing Inspirational Care services, including as part of peer review of service and reporting to funding providers.
- To provide updated personal information to our related contractors or service providers.
- To process and respond to any complaints.
- To comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination.
- To assess the performance of our website and to improve operations of the website.
- For the administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), planning, produce or service development, quality control, and research purposes of Inspirational Care, its related bodies, contractors or service providers.
Inspirational Care may also collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for other purposes explained at the time of collection or which are required or authorised by or under law for which the customer has provided their consent.
Disclosure of your personal information
Inspirational Care may disclose your personal information to third parties when it is required for the delivery of our services, including disclosure to:
- Inspirational Care’s funding providers;
- Government and regulatory bodies, including the National Disability Insurance Agency, Medicare, the Department of Social Services, the Department of Health & Human Services, and the Australian Taxation Office;
- people acting on their behalf including their nominated representatives, legal guardians, executors, trustees and legal representatives;
- the police, or to the Disability Services Commissioner, or to comply with compulsory notices from courts of law, tribunals or Government Agencies;
- financial institutions for payment processing;
- referees whose details are provided to Inspirational Care by job applicants; and
- Inspirational Care’s contracted service providers, including:
- information technology service providers
- invoice processing service providers
- conference, function and training organisers
- marketing and communications service providers including call centres
- research agencies
- freight and courier services
- printers and distributors of direct marketing material including mail houses
- external business advisers (such as recruitment advisors, auditors and lawyers).
We may from time to time need to discuss personal information to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, in the course of a legal proceeding or in response to a law enforcement agency request.
While we seek to ensure through our contracts with third parties that they comply with the Privacy Act regarding the use of your personal information, we have limited control around how they use your personal information.
If there is a change of control in our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser under an agreement to maintain confidentiality. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith and where required by any of the above circumstances.
Direct marketing materials
Inspirational Care may send customers direct marketing communications and information about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to our customers. For example, changes to the National Disability Insurance Scheme or information about disability supports, either where Inspirational Care has their express or implied consent, or where Inspirational Care is otherwise permitted by law to do so. These communications may be sent in a variety of ways, including mail, SMS, email or telephone, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). Our customer’s preference of method of communication will be used whenever practical to do so.
Where individuals have consented to receiving marketing communications from Inspirational Care that consent will remain current until they advise Inspirational Care otherwise. However, individuals can opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us at any time by contacting Inspirational Care by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 0451 651 597.
Security of your personal information
Inspirational Care is committed to ensuring that the information you provide us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we implement a range of measures to protect the security of personal information, including – depending on the circumstances – electronic access controls, premises security and network firewalls. We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is protected from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Access to your personal information
You are entitled to request access to the personal information held by us about you in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). This is generally provided upon your request subject to completion of our verification and risk processes and to access restrictions imposed or permitted by law. A small administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. If you would like a copy of the information which we hold about you or believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please email our Privacy Officer at email@example.com. If, having received and considered an application from you to amend your information, we do not consider that the information should be amended, we will not amend it but we will include a note with the information that you consider that it should be amended, and advise you accordingly.
There may be instances where Inspirational Care cannot grant access to the personal information held. For example, Inspirational Care may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If this happens, Inspirational Care will provide written notice outlining the reasons for the decision and available complaint mechanisms.
When you visit our website:
When you visit our website (www.inspirationalcare.com.au) we may collect certain information such as browser type, operating system, website visited immediately before coming to our site, etc. This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyse how people use our site, such that we can improve our services.
To improve your experience on our website, we may use “cookies”. Cookies are an industry standard and most major websites use them. Cookies are very small files which a website uses as a tool to remember your preferences. Cookies are not malicious programs that access or damage your computer. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but you can disable this option in your browser settings or by clicking “remove cookies” on the homepage of this website. However, please note that this may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website. Inspirational Care utilises external providers (such as Google Analytics) to track visits to our website and help us provide better website visitor experience. This information is collected anonymously to gauge website trends without identifying individual visitors. In addition, cookies may be used to serve relevant ads to website visitors through third party services such as Google AdWords. These ads may appear on this website or other websites you visit.
Third Party Sites:
Our site may contain links to other websites not owned or controlled by us. These links are meant for your convenience only. Links to third party websites do not constitute sponsorship or endorsement or approval of these websites. Please be aware that Inspirational Care is not responsible for the privacy practices of other such websites. We advise our users to be aware and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personal information.
Complaints about privacy
If you have any enquiry or a complaint concerning collection, use or management of your personal information, please feel free to contact Inspirational Care’s Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 0451 651 597.
We take complaints seriously and will respond to you in a timely and appropriate manner after receiving written notice of your compliant or feedback. We will acknowledge your complaint within 5 working days and provide a response within 21 days of receipt of the complaint.